Amateur Radio Transmitting Society ARTS
Welcome! Please log in or REGISTER if you have not already done so.
(Click the "Site Registration" tab at the very top of the page to register.) By registering you can see more information about ARTS, our events, on-the-air nets, complete a membership application, find out about club meetings and more.
ARTS is the oldest ham radio club in the Louisville Kentucky/Southern Indiana area, founded in Nov 1927. Our members have a wealth of information about ham radio with broad interest across the ham radio hobby.
Whether you are already a licensed amateur radio operator, interested in getting your license, or interested in learning more about ham radio, we invite you to register and utilize our web site. If you are interested in becoming a member please select the “Join ARTS” tab at the top of the page. Dues are $25 per year ($20 if age 65 or older). Family and student memberships are available as well!
Benefits of a Paid-Up Membership
- Access to Members Only areas on our web site
- Discounts on HAM radio gear for sale by the club
- Able to list your for-sale HAM radio items on the club webpage
- Ability to vote on club wide motions during meetings
- Use of club equipment - including during events such as field days
- Be an activator for club special events such as Lewis and Clark Trail on the Air (LCTOTA)
- Able to participate on or chair committees
- Eligibility to be part of the leadership team as a Director or Officer on the Board
- Additional family members may join the club at a greatly reduced rate
- Free use of remote-controlled HF station
- Being a part of a great amateur radio club and sharing in club camaraderie
ARTS is an ARRL affiliated organization. We encourage membership in ARRL and acknowledge the amateur radio operator’s responsibility to the public by providing emergency communications, encouraging members to improve their communication and technical skills, and by fostering international good will.
If you have questions about ham radio, you have inherited radio equipment you don’t know what to do with, or you need someone to help you get started in the hobby please reach out to us using the “Contacts” tab at the top of the page.
Please note that Registering to use our web site is not the same as applying for membership to the club. Registration is free and it opens up more content to you on our web site. To complete a membership application click HERE.